Brug dette forum til forslag og ris/ros til Flatpanels og forummet.

Redaktører: AndreasL, Moderatorer

Rasmus and I have spoken about this in the past, but wanted to raise it here in case anyone has heard anything about this at all.

The Philips 200W6CS was updated recently to feature a new 8ms panel. The full spec is here but it is basically listed as:

- 8ms G2G
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- 300 cd/m2 brightness
- 176 / 176 viewing angles

Now that spec would suggest to me that it uses the same P-MVA panel from AUO as the Belinea 102035W and Viewsonic VX2025WM for instance. The viewing angles are certainly indicative of a VA panel, as IPS would normally be listed as 178 /178 in most cases. So from spec alone, i would be inclined to think it was a P-MVA panel. However, being a Philips screen it would seem logical to think they were perhaps using an IPS panel, one of their own from LG.Philips. When i originally checked, Philips suggested it was an IPS panel themselves, but seemed very uncertain and confused.

I recently had this response which doesn't fill me with much confidence in their knowledge of it:
Recently you have asked us what type of panel does 200W6CS/00 uses and who makes them.

200W6CS/00 uses TL panel. We do not have any information available at the moment as for who makes them.
has anyone heard of a TL panel before?

Lg.Philips have not updated their panel list on their site, and the 20"WS panel, the LM201W01 has not been updated. it is still listed at 16ms / 600:1. now i know the old 16ms edition of the 200W6CS used this panel, but not sure about the new 8ms edition....

what do you think? IPS or P-MVA? :)
Af frean754
Swedish Philips customerservice said the new screen had a S-IPS panel when i asked them in an email a couple of weeks ago.
Af Simon Baker
a new reply from them:

Recently you have asked us about additional info on the TL panels.

Adittional information for the TL panels can be found on the Web.
found this website for "TL" who make monitor panels: http://www.tl-electronic.com/ cant see the specific one though for 20"WS, 8ms G2G, 800:1, 300cd/m2
Af frean754
Tl Electronics seems to be more of a industrial applications producer than a panel producer, i cant find anything about lcd panels on their site =/
Af Simon Baker
it's a strange one. I've asked Philips for clarification / model number and also emailed TL to ask them if they have any panels matching the spec....
Brugeravatar
Af Rasmus Larsen
TL is not a panel manufacturer, I'm sure about that.

I pretty sure the new 200W6CS uses a S-IPS panel. I'll see what you mean, however. The viewing angles should be 178. But keep in mind that the old 200W6CS had the same viewing angles.

We have quite a few Danish threads about the monitor now. Most of the evaluations state that the overall picture parameters are the same.
Af Simon Baker
it would make sense it it were an S-IPS panel. I see that Philips themselves listed the 16ms edition with 176 / 176 viewing angles, but LG.Philips listed the panel at 178/178. It's strange for sure. If it is an S-IPS panel, then it is the same spec exactly as the P-MVA panel in the Viewsonic VX2025WM etc. It doesn't help that Philips don't seem to have a clue! :p
Af Simon Baker
the latest after i asked more about these "TL panels". from a different person there now:
Recently you have asked us what panel is used in the 200W6CS/00.

This Monitor has a TN panel.

In regard to your remark on the website content for this information i will make note of this and will send the information to the right department.
Philips is constantly updating its website content and this information might be on the website in the future.
at least makes more sense, but not sure i belive them about a TN Film panel. Again, the specs don't seem suggestive of a TN Film panel