Debat og råd om TV-skærme. Alt hvad der handler om køb og brug af fladskærme

Redaktører: AndreasL, Moderatorer

Wow, thank you so much for this feedback.

This is excatly why I love flatpanels. Thank you so much.

Will try to use your monitortest today. What you are saying is this: if I can reproduse the problem in your program then I have get a new panel from samsung?

Cause, what I pointed out in the picture - this is something that is wrong with the panel I have and can not be fixed with a firmware update?
Yes, that's my opinion (that you should then present the problem to Samsung). The reason why I think it is important to establish whether this a generel issue (which can be done with monitorTest) is in order to rule out other potential sources of error (content etc.)

It looks to me like it may be panel related, yes. I could perhaps be reduced a lot with firmware (if the engineer knows what to optimize for) but it's hard to say really.
Hei igjen!

I have now used your test. I had a black box. I tried all the backround colors. When using white/black backround and blackboks it had a green trailing.

See here:

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y66qufoua9jzf ... 0.m4v?dl=0

2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs111wo0l438q ... 1.m4v?dl=0

On the other colors the trailing was black.

What to you think it is? Now we have the resultat, i am so excited to hear if you have a different conclusion or if the panel needs changing.

@RasmusLarsen
Rasmus Larsen skrev:Yes, that's my opinion (that you should then present the problem to Samsung). The reason why I think it is important to establish whether this a generel issue (which can be done with monitorTest) is in order to rule out other potential sources of error (content etc.)

It looks to me like it may be panel related, yes. I could perhaps be reduced a lot with firmware (if the engineer knows what to optimize for) but it's hard to say really.
Hei igjen!

I have now used your test. I had a black box. I tried all the backround colors. When using white/black backround and blackboks it had a green trailing.

See here:

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y66qufoua9jzf ... 0.m4v?dl=0

2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs111wo0l438q ... 1.m4v?dl=0

On the other colors the trailing was black.

What to you think it is? Now we have the resultat, i am so excited to hear if you have a different conclusion or if the panel needs changing.
Okay, the green / red trailing from your videos is definitely overdrive trailing. Perhaps a little worse than could be expected but quite normal for an LCD panel based on your videos. Overdrive trailing differs from conventional trailing in the way that it leaves colored trails after moving objects. Conventional trailing leaves trails with the same color as the moving object (for example black trails after a moving black box).

I'm not 100% sure why your are getting green overdrive trailing from a PC and red from a Mac but I think it comes down to picture settings. Do you use the exact same picture settings on the HDMI port that the PC and Mac are connected to? I mean, the same picture settings that you use for TV channels / streaming?
Rasmus Larsen skrev:Okay, the green / red trailing from your videos is definitely overdrive trailing. Perhaps a little worse than could be expected but quite normal for an LCD panel based on your videos. Overdrive trailing differs from conventional trailing in the way that it leaves colored trails after moving objects. Conventional trailing leaves trails with the same color as the moving object (for example black trails after a moving black box).

I'm not 100% sure why your are getting green overdrive trailing from a PC and red from a Mac but I think it comes down to picture settings. Do you use the exact same picture settings on the HDMI port that the PC and Mac are connected to? I mean, the same picture settings that you use for TV channels / streaming?
Yes, I use the same picturesettings on the tv. Not sure about the settings on the mac/pc thou.

After testing this, do you think its a defect panel, in regard that its overdrive trailing and not conventional trailing?
Based on the results from monitorTest it doesn't look defective per se to me, but perhaps worse than could be expected - especially for a flagship model. I usually look at it this way. If common LCD issues such as clouding, bleeding, overdrive trailing and the likes are visible during day-to-day use, the customer has a good case on his hand. If they are only visible during theoretical tests (like monitorTest), it is within the margin of tolerance.

But as said earlier, the red splotches / patches that you made me aware of, are definitely not normal. It may be that these are only visible in very specific color transition but it shouldn't happen on a flagship TV, in my opinion.
Thank you for all the help.

This has been extremly helpful. It seems the conclusion could be that the panel is not defect per se, but it does not preform on the lever as is should. Therefor I should have a new.

And one final question, given that this i overdrive trailing. it could be fixed some in firmware updates?

Again, thank you! Learned allot :)
Rasmus Larsen skrev:You're welcome :)

It may but I honestly can't say for sure.
Update. Talked to the service who were going to fix my tv - the second time now (under 6 months).

They said they would change the panel again. You recon this will fix it?
Hei!

Da har jeg snakket med verksted. De har byttet LCD module, og oppdatert main firmware. Forstod det slik at de _ikke_ har byttet panelet.

Tror du dette vil løse problemet? Mulig jeg missforstod deg tidligere @RasmusLarsen , men trodde selve panelet måtte byttes.

Hører fra deg!